Expand your career horizons with BMG Outsourcing – a well-respected Australian-owned Outsourcing Company with offices in Clark and Sydney. We are looking for an innovative Solar Design Engineer to carry out solar photovoltaic engineering design services. You will be working with our client, an Energy Services Company (ESCO) with operations in Australia, New Zealand and the U.S.
The main roles and responsibilities are to take the initial system concept ideas and translates them into fully detailed construction ready designs.
- Design or coordinate design of photovoltaic (PV) or solar thermal systems, including system components, for residential and commercial buildings.
- Perform PV Modelling, Design & Calculations by using PV modeling software
- Generate Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Project Documentation and Support
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer-aided design (AUTOCAD) software.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects
- Perform thermal, stress, or cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Minimum one (1) year design experience in engineering consultancy or contracting environment.
- The candidate must have solid electrical engineering background and have practical solar project experiences. Candidate from one of the following one sources are preferred:
- Electrical designer/draftsperson from international engineering firms
- Solar designer from solar (panel, inverter) manufacturers or contractors
- Renewable energy professional with solar application experience
- Experience in solar PV system design, and/or installations
- Strong electrical engineering experience
- Technical experience with energy services highly preferred
- Advanced AutoCAD or equivalent drafting tools
- Good computer skills, proficient in MS Office suite and SharePoint
- Information search, storage and filing
For interested Applicants, apply now.