The dynamic team of BMG Outsourcing Inc is searching for a well-experienced and certified Senior Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Finalise end-of-year trial balance, including all adjustments, end-of year entries for depreciation, provisions, accruals and prepayments.
- Prepare working papers for tax returns.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare income tax returns.
- Attend to queries and final review work done by team.
- Attend to client queries
- Ensure workpapers, checklists and internal processes have been completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Access the tax agent portal and liaise with the ATO as and when required
- Ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Ensure timely lodgements of all jobs with regulators.
- Have a working knowledge of client software such as Xero, MYOB and Reckon.
- Review GST reconciliations, based on computer records against client records
- Prepare GST returns
- Workpapers and checklists completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Be prepared to research various tax issues upon Director request
- Be solution focused
- Be able to articulate complicated technical matters concisely and simply to clients
- Certified Public Accountant
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail & accuracy, ability to problem solve, resourceful, can work independently, but remain team focused and oriented
- Experience using XERO, MYOB & QBO, strong Excel skills, 0365
- Experience and proven performance in higher level accounting role
- Solid understanding of requirements of Australian Compliance, GST/BAS, Payroll & PAYG, Super, and Income Tax
- General Experience and understanding in all facets of normal accounting functions
- Ability to perform/assist with, reconciling GL accounts
- Proficient interpreting expense allocation and GL account reviews
- Dedicated, reliable and responsible
- Knowledge with Tax Assist Software is an advantage but not required
- Willing to work full time at Clark Freeport Zone