BMG Outsourcing Inc is searching for a Bookkeeper/ Accountant. The successful applicant will work with an Australian company that aims to help small organisations focus on and achieve their goals by raising their standard of financial management & reporting. This position is to provide bookkeeping services. Applicants must be willing to work at Clark Freeport Zone, Monday-Friday.
- Positive relationship with the small team at Notch Above.
- Admin assistance, as detailed below.
- Bookkeeping as detailed below.
- Record time and work completed.
- To develop personal and professional skills e.g. Xero, MS Office applications, Email and other operational programs.
- Assist with the ongoing requirements and development of a paperless office.
- Actively participate in the ongoing improvement and documentation of Notch Above processes.
- Work with Notch Above internal management and control applications, including, GoToMeeting, Dropbox, Time Doctor, Office 365 and others
- Other tasks as required.
- Data Entry with required account allocations of business transactions to computer accounting system, generally Xero and often using Receipt Bank Software
- Prepare information for any payments or schedule of payments as required.
- Reconcile accounts as determined between the Notch Above supervisor and the client.
- Produce monthly financial reports.
- Document any special requirements or problems from the client work for reference to the Notch Above Team and/or the client.
- Prepare invoices as requested by the client and email.
- Prepare BAS and IAS returns and their corresponding workpapers.
- Perform other accounting duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty quickly and accurately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bookkeeping/Accounting qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Experience with working with Australian SME’s.
- Experience with Australian tax and accounting standards
- COMPUTER SKILLS
- Competent with computer operations as well as some specific applications, such as Xero, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Receipt Bank
- Experience with computer systems.
- Experience with internet as a tool (not just web browsing), Google Chrome, Google Apps, mobile-apps,
- The person must be keen to learn and develop their computer competencies.
- REASONING, PERSONAL TIME MANAGEMENT AND GROWTH ABILITY
- Able to logically and clearly articulate status and situations, and recommend solutions to problems as related by clients and/or Notch Above team.
- Generally able to work independently through tasks until completion.
- Excellent personal time and task (To do list) management.\
- The person is keen to learn and serve in all the fields of office administration.\
- Good communication skills, particularly with the Notch Above Team
- LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Very good verbal and written English communication skills.