Start and grow your career with BMG Outsourcing – a leading Australian-owned Outsourcing Company with offices in Clark and Sydney, offering long-term careers for enthusiastic individuals.
The chosen candidate will join a well-respected IT Solutions company that provides IT support to SMEs primarily in Melbourne. The company has a strong customer focus and a best practice mindset.
The Administration Assistant’s role is to provide administrative support to an Australian IT Solutions team who would be working closely with the Administration Manager and Operations Manager. The roles include answering the phone, booking appointments, entering data into various systems, doing basic bookkeeping tasks, following up on jobs and organising orders and deliveries.
- Be a frontline representative to “meet and greet” clients and enquiries through various communication channel such as phone, electronic and in person.
- Ensure orders of products, subscriptions and services are placed correctly.
- Ensure client requests are accurately documented and recorded.
- Ensure the line of business application for Accounts are recorded and updated with correct and relevant information.
- Assist colleagues with communication and follow-up requests.
- Correct labelling and storage of receipt and delivery of equipment.
- Data entry into relevant line of business applications.
- Take a common-sense approach in making judgements for escalations where deemed fit and appropriate
- Display courtesy and respect in all manner of dealing to all professional stakeholders internally and externally.
- Represent the company with integrity and in the best interest of the business.
Offsite IT Support
- Provide communication support
- Make judgements on tasks that require escalation to the Operations Manager when deemed reasonably necessary
- Act as the frontline communication channel for clients
- Add/create clients and contacts in the customer tracking application
- Generate invoices if required
- Process invoicing information if required
- Enter invoicing information into the customer tracking application if required
- Follow-up with clients for outstanding invoices
- Produce purchasing information and documents and send to suppliers
- Enter purchasing information into the customer tracking application if required
- Lookup product details for purchasing
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers to establish purchasing accounts
- Keep track of purchases made and follow-up with vendors/suppliers for items outstanding
- Produce payment batches
- Acquire authorisation from management for payments
- Keep track of outstanding payments to be made
- Manage and organise the back office function
- Prepare documents as required
- Attend to sundry administrative tasks as delegated
- Organise logistics
- Organise and order stock
- Reconcile bank statements
Sales and Marketing
- Consistently provide a high level of customer care to maximise client delight
- Consistently promote new and existing products to clients
- Assist in sales through full utilisation of sales and marketing tools
- Consistently identify areas of potential sales
Contact and Client Management
- Create/update client information
- Book appointments if required
- Support IT Engineers in the field with effective customer support
- Build and develop client relationships
Policies and Procedures
- Follow and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Suggest and assist procedural improvements
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports from the finance system
- Any other tasks that reasonably falls into the scope of office administration
- Minimum 1 year commercial experience
- Experience and knowledge with Xero is preferred
- Sound knowledge of general desktop and peripheral technologies
- Exemplary customer service ethics
- High level of initiative
- Very good attention to detail and follow through
- Very good time management and self-organisational skills and ability to work autonomously
- Capacity work effectively and cooperatively in teams
- Display capable and confident meet and greet skills
- High level of adaptability and willingness to take on new or additional tasks
- Display capacity to “be on your feet” and agility under pressure
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Previous exposure to the IT industry
- Experience with Xero